My latest podcast guest is Rabya Lomas, who I chatted to about her playful living philosophy and creative inspiration. We also spoke about cutting yourself some slack, and staying safe when you share your life online.
Rabya Lomas is probably most well-known for her Instagram account @sheflourished_. She approaches her photos with such playfulness and creativity, and has also started taking steps towards turning her online following into a business. I loved hearing about how she gets her creative inspiration, and we also spoke about cutting yourself some slack, and staying safe when you share your life online. Enjoy!
I find having a go at myself and talking to myself in the negative voice just doesn’t help, and cutting myself some slack usually gets me in the right frame of mind and the right kind of energy to do the things that I want to do. It’s just a shuffle, it’s not a sprint.
– Rabya Lomas “She Flourished”
Some of the things we talked about:
- Exploring your creative self
- Why playful living is so important (and what we can learn from children)
- Kicking yourself for moving too slowly, and cutting yourself some slack
- Hiding your online activity from your real-life friends
- Staying safe when you post your location on social media
Links from this episode:
- Rabya’s Instagram account – “She Flourished” and her website
- Her Instagram support network: Rida “@beforeandagain_”, Lucy Lucraft and Tori “@thestoriesoftori”
- Her Instagram inspiration: Barbara “herinternest”, Veronika “kutovakika” and Dominique “allthatisshe”
How to Subscribe & Review
Reviews and ratings are a really helpful way to get the podcast in front of more people, so I’d be very grateful if you could click here to subscribe, or to leave a review and/ or rating on iTunes. If you don’t use Apple, then there are alternative download links below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to share on social media – thank you! Can you use the hashtag #creativelyhuman so that we can continue the conversation on social media, and so that I can find you? I’d love to see what resonated with you after each episode!
Ask Me Anything!
Where to Find the Podcast…
Thanks so much for listening!