The first episode of the podcast is finally here, and it’s with the amazing Ray Dodd. We chat about moving into your zone of genius, the internal stories we have about ourselves (and why they probably aren’t true), and what it means to take up space as a woman.
In the first ever episode of the Creatively Human podcast, I chat with the amazing Ray Dodd about how she moved into her zone of genius, the internal stories we have about ourselves (and why they probably aren’t true), and what it means to take up space as a woman.
Taking up space is acknowledging that there is a space in the world that only you can fill.
– Ray Dodd
Some of the things we talked about:
- What it means to take up space and why it’s so important
- Ray’s business journey, and how she took a big leap to start her current business
- How she feels about being super-visible in her business, and whether it has made her more confident
- Investing in your own support network
- How the stories we tell ourselves probably aren’t true, and how to switch them to our own advantage
Links from this episode:
- Ray’s Facebook group “Finding Your Space in Business and Beyond”
- Ray’s website and Instagram account
- “Women Should Take Up Less Space” – poem by Annie Ridout
When you’re frustrated and fed up, you’re very, very close to feeling a lot of amazing feelings because you’re letting go. You’re detaching from the “what-ifs”… what if I launch this business and nothing happens? …you know what will ensure nothing happens? Not doing it. You’re ensuring that your fear happens by not stepping into what you want to do. Your fear is that no-one will like it. No-one will like it if they don’t know about it.
– Ray Dodd
How to Subscribe & Review
Reviews and ratings are a really helpful way to get the podcast in front of more people, so I’d be very grateful if you could click here to subscribe, or to leave a review and/ or rating on iTunes. If you don’t use Apple, then there are alternative download links below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to share on social media – thank you! Can you use the hashtag #creativelyhuman so that we can continue the conversation on social media, and so that I can find you? I’d love to see what resonated with you after each episode!
Ask Me Anything!
I’m also planning to make Q&A episodes a semi-regular part of the show, so if you have any questions feel free to send them over to me on Instagram or click here to send me an email.
Where to Find the Podcast…
- Apple Podcasts
- And other players!
Thanks so much for listening!