In this solo episode on Creatively Human, I reflect on my first year of motherhood, as my baby boy is turning one next week! I talk about how pregnancy, maternity leave and motherhood in general have impacted my business, and how we are handling things as a family.
In this solo episode on Creatively Human, I reflect on my first year of motherhood, as my baby boy is turning one next week! I talk about how pregnancy, maternity leave and motherhood in general have impacted my business, and how we are handling things as a family. I get pretty personal in this episode, and I also want to emphasise that we all have different experiences. As I talk about in the episode, I found myself negatively comparing myself to others a lot in the early days, so please be kind to yourself if you feel that way.
I think I'm less judgemental since having a baby because I have experienced myself how it's easy to have an idea about doing things perfectly, but it's very, very, very hard to be that perfect person in real life, so I do try not to judge other people.
Some of the things I talk about:
- How I dealt with difficult symptoms of pregnancy while running my business
- Planning my own maternity leave
- Getting through the very difficult early days
- Splitting childcare with my husband
- Breastfeeding and working
- Being kind to myself, learning to surrender, and being less judgemental
- How I continue to deal with sleep issues and still get things done
- How having a baby has affected my income
Links from this episode:
- All My Content About Motherhood & Business in One Place
- My Guide to Planning Your Own Maternity Leave
- My Instagram Account
- Two Other Solo Episodes You Might Like: My 10 Year Business Journey, and Being Honest & Vulnerable Online
I guess if there's one thing to take away from this year of having a baby it's that I have no idea what I'm doing! No, it's not that! It's being kind to myself. Being kind to myself, being kind to other people, knowing that we're all in this together, and knowing that it's a massive work in progress.
How to Subscribe & Review
Reviews and ratings are a really helpful way to get the podcast in front of more people, so I'd be very grateful if you could click here to subscribe, or to leave a review and/ or rating on iTunes. If you don't use Apple, then there are alternative download links below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to share on social media – thank you! Can you use the hashtag #creativelyhuman so that we can continue the conversation on social media, and so that I can find you? I'd love to see what resonated with you after each episode!
Ask Me Anything!
Where to Find the Podcast…
Thanks so much for listening!