In today’s episode I’m sharing how and why I make rest a priority, even in busy seasons.
The cycle of burnout and rest has been a bit of a theme in my business as I’m sure it has in your business too. So in this episode I’m sharing some of my stories of burnout, what I learned, and how I’m approaching busy seasons of life a lot more intentionally now. Most importantly, I’m sharing how and why I make rest a priority, even in busy seasons.
“You’ll never get through that to do list. The key is know that it’s ok you’ll never get through it.”
Some of the things I talk about:
- How I’m approaching the end of the year with a mindset of getting stuff done AND resting (see my live video on this in my Facebook group)
- How my first phase of burnout came from massively undercharging
- Dealing with my belief that “I have to work really hard to make money”
- How trusting myself as a business owner played a large role in changing the way I work
- Digging into that feeling of not having enough “time” to rest, and being strict with myself about what I can let go
- What being intentional about prioritising rest has looked like for me in real life lately
- The importance of self-awareness and building a “buffer” around your triggers
- Drawing on your sources of support (like the Creatively Human Facebook group)
- ‘What is my ultimate goal here?’
- ‘What can I prioritise to make that happen?’
- ‘What are some things I’d like to do but don’t contribute directly to that goal?’
- ‘What can I do to move the needle?’
- ‘Who can I ask to hold me accountable to resting?’
Links from this episode:
- Join the Facebook group to take part in the live podcast q&a I’m doing on November 14th
- Once you’ve joined, click this link to watch the live I did on feeling good about the rest of 2019
- Join my email newsletter to get 3 bonus podcast episodes throughout December (not available to the public!)
- Books mentioned: Do Less by Kate Northrup, Drop the Ball by Tiffany Dufu, Chillpreneur by Denise Duffield-Thomas
- Let it Shine podcast interview with Danielle Brooker
Other episodes you might like:
- Episode #45: Big Leaps Can Happen When You Least Expect Them
- Episode #47: The Power of Really Committing to Something in Your Business
- Episode #42: On Failure
- Episode #46: Are You Allowing Yourself the Support You Need in Business?
“I figured out that the money I earnt didn’t correlate with the hours I put into my work”
How to Subscribe & Review
Reviews and ratings are a really helpful way to get the podcast in front of more people, so I’d be very grateful if you could click here to subscribe, or to leave a review and/ or rating on iTunes. If you don’t use Apple, then there are alternative download links below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to share on social media – thank you! Can you use the hashtag #creativelyhuman so that we can continue the conversation on social media, and so that I can find you? I’d love to see what resonated with you after each episode!
Ask Me Anything!
Where to Find the Podcast…
Thanks so much for listening!