In today's episode I’m sharing how and why I make rest a priority, even in busy seasons.
The cycle of burnout and rest has been a bit of a theme in my business as I’m sure it has in your business too. So in this episode I’m sharing some of my stories of burnout, what I learned, and how I’m approaching busy seasons of life a lot more intentionally now. Most importantly, I’m sharing how and why I make rest a priority, even in busy seasons.
“You’ll never get through that to do list. The key is know that it’s ok you’ll never get through it.”
Some of the things I talk about:
How I’m approaching the end of the year with a mindset of getting stuff done AND resting (see my live video on this in my Facebook group)
How my first phase of burnout came from massively undercharging
Dealing with my belief that “I have to work really hard to make money”
How trusting myself as a business owner played a large role in changing the way I work
Digging into that feeling of not having enough “time” to rest, and being strict with myself about what I can let go
What being intentional about prioritising rest has looked like for me in real life lately
The importance of self-awareness and building a “buffer” around your triggers
Drawing on your sources of support (like the Creatively Human Facebook group)
- ‘What is my ultimate goal here?’
- ‘What can I prioritise to make that happen?’
- ‘What are some things I’d like to do but don’t contribute directly to that goal?’
- ‘What can I do to move the needle?’
- ‘Who can I ask to hold me accountable to resting?'
Links from this episode:
- Join the Facebook group to take part in the live podcast q&a I'm doing on November 14th
- Once you've joined, click this link to watch the live I did on feeling good about the rest of 2019
- Join my email newsletter to get 3 bonus podcast episodes throughout December (not available to the public!)
- Books mentioned: Do Less by Kate Northrup, Drop the Ball by Tiffany Dufu, Chillpreneur by Denise Duffield-Thomas
- Let it Shine podcast interview with Danielle Brooker
Other episodes you might like:
- Episode #45: Big Leaps Can Happen When You Least Expect Them
- Episode #47: The Power of Really Committing to Something in Your Business
- Episode #42: On Failure
- Episode #46: Are You Allowing Yourself the Support You Need in Business?
“I figured out that the money I earnt didn’t correlate with the hours I put into my work”
How to Subscribe & Review
Reviews and ratings are a really helpful way to get the podcast in front of more people, so I'd be very grateful if you could click here to subscribe, or to leave a review and/ or rating on iTunes. If you don't use Apple, then there are alternative download links below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to share on social media – thank you! Can you use the hashtag #creativelyhuman so that we can continue the conversation on social media, and so that I can find you? I'd love to see what resonated with you after each episode!
Ask Me Anything!
Where to Find the Podcast…
Thanks so much for listening!