Today I’m talking about practical ways in which we can make a difference in the world as business owners and online creatives.
Today I’m talking about practical ways in which we can make a difference in the world as business owners and online creatives. This includes the way we sell, the way we market, incorporating our values and feminism into everything we do. It includes doing our bit for the environment, making sure our work is accessible, building charity into what we do and more. I want to emphasise that I am not already doing all of these things, but I am going to make small changes, and I hope you will be inspired to as well. This episode is part of my free Everyday Difference project, and you can sign up to updates here.
“If we care about something, and we do work in alignment with our values, then we are making a difference and remaking our culture in a way that is better for everyone. The more we claim that, the more we empower others to do the same.”
Some of the things I talk about:
- How to make a difference to the people we work with
- Ways in which we can make a difference to our clients, audience and wider community
- How we can market in a compassionate, feminist and intersectional way
- Ways to make our work more accessible
- How to do our part to address to climate crisis
- How we protect ourselves and our own boundaries in all of this
Links from this episode:
- The Everyday Difference Free Community Project
- Instagram Accounts Mentioned: Abi @_thefamilycollective, Katie @katiemorwenna, Sarah @Sarahjrobertson and Jo @firain_shop
- How to Uncover Your Core Business Values (& Why They Matter) (plus free worksheet)
- Kelly Diels
- Heart of Business “Don’t Buy Now” free PDF
- Books: ‘Company of One’ by Paul Jarvis and ‘No One Is Too Small to Make A Difference’ by Greta Thunberg
- My Instagram Account
- My Facebook Group
Other episodes you might like:
- Episode #20: Our Businesses Can Change the World (If We Give Ourselves Permission to Believe It)
- Episode #27: How to Uncover Your Core Business Values (& Why They Matter)
How to Subscribe & Review
Reviews and ratings are a really helpful way to get the podcast in front of more people, so I’d be very grateful if you could click here to subscribe, or to leave a review and/ or rating on iTunes. If you don’t use Apple, then there are alternative download links below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to share on social media – thank you! Can you use the hashtag #creativelyhuman so that we can continue the conversation on social media, and so that I can find you? I’d love to see what resonated with you after each episode!
Ask Me Anything!
Where to Find the Podcast…
Thanks so much for listening!