In this solo episode I talk about the exercises and techniques I use to get clear on my core business values, and why those values matter in my work.
In this solo episode I talk about the exercises and techniques I use to get clear on my core business values, and why those values matter in my work. I also share how you can use those values to find more fulfilment in the work that you do. Sign up to my newsletter for the free download including all the exercises. I’d love to hear what your business values are, so please do get in touch on Instagram or my Facebook Group.
“No one is doing the exact same thing that you’re doing in your business with the exact same reasons and values behind it”
Some of the things I talk about:
- Why business values matter, especially if things don’t feel quite right
- How your values are a way to tie the practical and purposeful sides of your business together
- The exercises I use myself (and with clients) to figure out my values
- Asking yourself questions about what makes you happy, proud and in a state of flow
- Choosing words that reflect what you want to achieve, and how you want to make people feel, in your business
- Distinguishing your true values from what you think you “should” value
- How to use your values to connect more deeply with your audience
- Differentiating yourself in ways beyond your pricing
Links from this episode:
- Sign up to my newsletter for the free download including all the exercises
- TED Talk: Simon Sinek ‘How Great Leaders Inspire Action’
- My Instagram Account
- My Facebook Group
- Related Blog Post: There Is Power in Stepping Back (How to Work ‘on’ Rather Than ‘in’ Your Business)
- Free eBook: Visibility for Introverted, Nervous, Shy or Awkward Humans
Other episodes you might like:
- Episode #11: Pragya Agarwal on Social Enterprise, Eco-Friendly Business & Multi-Passionate Careers
- Episode #20: Our Businesses Can Change the World (If We Give Ourselves Permission to Believe It)
“Whenever you’re stuck on any decision in your business, come back to your list of values. For me it often is a real shortcut to clearing through all the noise and all the ‘shoulds’ and all the crap in my head to figuring out what matters to me.”
How to Subscribe & Review
Reviews and ratings are a really helpful way to get the podcast in front of more people, so I’d be very grateful if you could click here to subscribe, or to leave a review and/ or rating on iTunes. If you don’t use Apple, then there are alternative download links below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to share on social media – thank you! Can you use the hashtag #creativelyhuman so that we can continue the conversation on social media, and so that I can find you? I’d love to see what resonated with you after each episode!
Ask Me Anything!
Where to Find the Podcast…
Thanks so much for listening!