In this final episode of season 1 of Creatively Human, I share my journey of starting something new, scary and ultimately totally fulfilling: the podcast itself!
In this final episode of season 1 of Creatively Human, I share my journey of starting something new, scary and ultimately totally fulfilling: the podcast itself! And although this is about my experience of podcasting, it's more about the feelings and the mindset stuff that goes into doing anything new or creative. Since this is the last episode of the season, I'd love to have you join me on Instagram or my Facebook Group so we can connect there while I take about a month off. You can also subscribe to my newsletter ‘notes & reflections' to get behind-the-scenes letters from my business journey.
I also have an entire blog post dedicated to the more technical and practical side of starting a podcast, along with a downloadable PDF checklist. Click here to take a look.
The best thing about being more visible, the best thing about showing your face or recording your voice and then having to watch or listen to it back is that you kind of get used to it, you kind of accept yourself more.
Some of the things I talk about:
- How I went from idea to action, and why I never thought it would happen
- Dealing with HUGE impostor syndrome, a period of anxiety & how I pushed through
- The massive nerves I felt asking guests & interviewing people as an awkward introvert
- How starting a podcast has taught me a lot about my personality, and that I’m a lot more capable than I realised
- Launching with a small community, but with massive support, and how I felt on launch day
- The experience of listening back to myself, and how I feel I've improved my conversation skills
- How the podcast has been a very much more creatively fulfilling project than I ever imagined
- The work involved with podcasting, and how I’m streamlining that
- The hardest things about starting the podcast
Links from this episode:
- My Instagram Account
- My Facebook Group
- Blog Post: How to Start a Podcast
- Blog Post: The Power of Allowing Yourself to Have Big Ideas (& Sitting with Them)
- Free eBook: Visibility for Introverted, Nervous, Shy or Awkward Humans
- Podcast Mention: What She Said by Lucy Lucraft
- Book Mention: Playing Big by Tara Mohr
Other episodes you might like:
- Episode #6: On Being Visible, Honest & Always Scared
- Episode #1: Ray Dodd on Finding Your Zone of Genius, Internal Stories & Taking Up Space
…you can have this story about yourself, and this idea of what you think you’re like, but actually you can totally surprise yourself with how capable you are, and how adaptable you are, and how quick you can improve.
How to Subscribe & Review
Reviews and ratings are a really helpful way to get the podcast in front of more people, so I'd be very grateful if you could click here to subscribe, or to leave a review and/ or rating on iTunes. If you don't use Apple, then there are alternative download links below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to share on social media – thank you! Can you use the hashtag #creativelyhuman so that we can continue the conversation on social media, and so that I can find you? I'd love to see what resonated with you after each episode!
Ask Me Anything!
Where to Find the Podcast…
Thanks so much for listening!