In this solo episode of Creatively Human, I share some of my thoughts on what it means to change the world, and why I think we are all already doing just that by the very act of starting a business.
In this solo episode of Creatively Human, I share some of my thoughts on what it means to change the world, how it can start with a tiny seed of an idea, and why I think we are all already doing just that by the very act of starting a business. I also share some examples of worldchangers from my own Instagram community, and some exercises I use to stay connected with my bigger purpose (which are all included in my course, Clarify).
It's OK to start small, it’s OK to not have it all figured out yet, and it’s OK to see where the journey takes you.
Some of the things I talk about:
Why it’s important to allow ourselves to admit to our big world-changing ideas
How I believe changing the world can mean lots of different things
Examples from my own business – how it’s changing my world and helping others
How I believe the way we do business can change the world, especially as women or for any marginalised groups
Acknowledging the privilege underlying my business success, and the wider discussion we need to have
Examples of how business owners in my Instagram community are changing the world
The many and varied ways we are playing to our own individual strengths to help people
How I get clear on my business purpose, including specific exercises
Links from this episode:
- My Course: Clarify: Your Big Picture Business Kit
- Free Guide: How to Have a Business Meeting with Yourself
- My Facebook Group: Simple & Joyful Business
- My Instagram Account (see the “worldchangers” story highlight)
- Accounts mentioned in this episode: @theteencoach, @juliagoodall_psychologist, @nourish_paris, @hazel.and.hope, @forestschooljess, @katbluejay, @a_bitofpink, @amaliah_com, and @laurenalexanderweddings
- Company of One by Paul Jarvis
Other episodes you might like:
- Episode #5: Eloise Rickman on Changing the World, Peaceful Parenting & Business Boundaries
- Episode #14: Lucy Lucraft on Judgement-Free Online Activism, Veganism & Low Waste Lifestyle
- Episode #6: On Being Visible, Honest & Always Scared
It’s really hard to think that what you’re doing could have such an impact, but it’s also really important to let yourself go there with your mind
How to Subscribe & Review
Reviews and ratings are a really helpful way to get the podcast in front of more people, so I'd be very grateful if you could click here to subscribe, or to leave a review and/ or rating on iTunes. If you don't use Apple, then there are alternative download links below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to share on social media – thank you! Can you use the hashtag #creativelyhuman so that we can continue the conversation on social media, and so that I can find you? I'd love to see what resonated with you after each episode!
Ask Me Anything!
Where to Find the Podcast…
Thanks so much for listening!