In this solo episode of Creatively Human, I share some of my thoughts on goal-setting, planning, prioritising, and everything else that goes along with setting yourself up for a really good year.
In this solo episode of Creatively Human, I share some of my thoughts on goal-setting, planning, prioritising, and everything else that goes along with setting yourself up for a really good year. I also talk about some of the exercises I use in regular business meetings with myself that help me work “on” my business, rather than always “in” it. If you could use more business tips like this, make sure to join my Facebook group, Simple & Joyful Business, where I've got a special video there waiting for you to help you uncover your core business values.
Your goal will take you somewhere even if it doesn’t take you to where you necessarily expect.
Some of the things I talk about:
- Why starting with values helps me set the right goals
- Having a “business meeting with yourself” to get clear on where you are (and the specific exercises I use)
- Setting big goals vs. short term goals and regular check-ins
- Knowing what to focus on & breaking goals down
- An example of a recent goal I set, how I failed and why that’s OK
- Building systems, planning, getting ahead of yourself & treating your business like a real business
Links from this episode:
- My Course: Clarify: Your Big Picture Business Kit
- My new Facebook Group: Simple & Joyful Business
- My Free eBook: 3 Pillars of My Simple & Joyful Business
- My Instagram Account
I guess the overall message I would give anyone in terms of planning and setting yourself up for a good year is: treat your business like a real business
How to Subscribe & Review
Reviews and ratings are a really helpful way to get the podcast in front of more people, so I'd be very grateful if you could click here to subscribe, or to leave a review and/ or rating on iTunes. If you don't use Apple, then there are alternative download links below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to share on social media – thank you! Can you use the hashtag #creativelyhuman so that we can continue the conversation on social media, and so that I can find you? I'd love to see what resonated with you after each episode!
Ask Me Anything!
Where to Find the Podcast…
Thanks so much for listening!