Today’s guest is Lucy Lucraft who started as a travel blogger but who now focuses mainly on living a low impact lifestyle through veganism and zero waste. I really wanted to ask her about why she’s so passionate about using her platform in this way, and we got quite deep in this chat!
Today’s guest is Lucy Lucraft who started as a travel blogger but who now focuses mainly on living a low impact lifestyle through veganism and zero waste. I really wanted to ask her about why she’s so passionate about using her platform in this way, and we got quite deep in this chat! Also, here’s a random fact: Lucy is the reason I started a podcast! I took her group course and she gave me the nudge I needed to get going. Anyway, this week’s chat is a really good one. We talk about lots! From only activism to being non-judgemental, donating business profits to charity and growing and changing alongside your business. I hope you like it!
One of the best things I ever did was share my journey in its messy entirety
– Lucy Lucraft
Some of the things we talked about:
- Choosing a lifestyle that’s outside of the mainstream (in particular, low waste & vegan)
- Making a difference and being a “good example” even when you’re not perfect yourself
- Being judged for your lifestyle choices or “failings”, and being non-judgemental yourself vs. sharing your passion
- Dealing with overwhelm when trying to do better
- Lucy’s best tips for reducing your impact on the planet
- How we each feel about donating some of our business profits to charity
- Following a “wiggly” journey of your business as you grow and change
- Our shared interest in philosophy & history!
Links from this episode:
- Lucy’s website
- Her podcast: What She Said
- Lucy’s Instagram and Twitter
- Peter Singer’s The Life You Can Save
When you state an opinion that is not the status quo it’s terrifying, because you’re opening yourself up to criticism from other people, about everything, all the time… that’s why it’s scary. You’re making yourself vulnerable aren’t you?
– Lucy Lucraft
How to Subscribe & Review
Reviews and ratings are a really helpful way to get the podcast in front of more people, so I’d be very grateful if you could click here to subscribe, or to leave a review and/ or rating on iTunes. If you don’t use Apple, then there are alternative download links below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to share on social media – thank you! Can you use the hashtag #creativelyhuman so that we can continue the conversation on social media, and so that I can find you? I’d love to see what resonated with you after each episode!
Ask Me Anything!
I’m also planning to make Q&A episodes a semi-regular part of the show, so if you have any questions feel free to send them over to me on Instagram or click here to send me an email.
Where to Find the Podcast…
- Apple Podcasts
- And other players!
Thanks so much for listening!