I really wanted to chat to today’s guest, Amy, because she does so much online with a blog, two podcasts and numerous creative projects, but she has a whole career outside of her online presence.
I really wanted to chat to today’s guest, Amy, because she does so much online with a blog, two podcasts and numerous creative projects, but she has a whole career outside of her online presence. I know that not everyone listening to this podcast will have their own business, so I’m sure you’ll be able to relate to Amy when she says that creativity is simply part of who she is. We also ended up talking about the topic of childcare, mum guilt and the need for more flexible working, which I am always interested in hearing people’s opinions on. I hope you enjoy the interview!
We are, to a certain extent, on a new frontier as working mums
– Amy Elizabeth
Some of the things we talked about:
- How we both got started blogging 10+ years ago, and what sharing online means to Amy
- How blogging has changed her life and connected her with other people (including her husband!)
- The decision to start podcasting during maternity leave
- Stretching yourself by trying new things (and battling impostor syndrome)
- The importance of creativity for its own sake, especially since becoming a mother
- Knowing when you’re taking on too much
- Thoughts on letting go of mum guilt
- We also ended up chatting about maternity, paternity and shared parental leave and flexible working
Links from this episode:
Really embracing creativity and that side of myself has really kept me sane as a mum… creativity has always been a part of my life but I’ve been much fiercer about including it since he’s been born
– Amy Elizabeth
How to Subscribe & Review
Reviews and ratings are a really helpful way to get the podcast in front of more people, so I'd be very grateful if you could click here to subscribe, or to leave a review and/ or rating on iTunes. If you don't use Apple, then there are alternative download links below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to share on social media – thank you! Can you use the hashtag #creativelyhuman so that we can continue the conversation on social media, and so that I can find you? I'd love to see what resonated with you after each episode!
Ask Me Anything!
Where to Find the Podcast…
Thanks so much for listening!