In this solo episode on Creatively Human, I talk about how I'm prioritising feeling good and in alignment with my values in my work. I also share how I didn't always do things this way, and why it's actually quite scary at times to forge your own path.
In this solo episode on Creatively Human, I talk about how I'm prioritising feeling good and in alignment with my values in my work. I also share how I didn't always do things this way, and why it's actually quite scary at times to forge your own path. I'd love to hear from you on this one, so please come and share in my brand new Facebook group, Simple & Joyful Business, where I've got a special video there waiting for you to help you uncover your core business values.
It’s only in the last couple of years that I’ve actually taken a step back to consider my values, my strengths, my weaknesses, my needs and the time that I have in my life, and how I feel about the work I’m doing… I do believe that what suits me personally could be completely different to what suits you. And this is why I have a problem with “the rules”.
Some of the things I talk about:
- How I started my business very unintentionally and followed the wrong people
- Why I have regular business meetings with myself
- Getting clear on how I feel, my values, and whether what I’m doing matches those
- Choosing not to do things that feel pressured or icky, and tuning out the noise
- Trying not to always aim for “more”
- Why it’s not as simple as it sounds (and actually a bit scary!)
- Defining, and re-defining, my own version of success
Links from this episode:
- My Course: Clarify: Your Big Picture Business Kit (pre-order at a discount)
- My new Facebook Group: Simple & Joyful Business
- My Free eBook: 3 Pillars of My Simple & Joyful Business
- My Instagram Account
- Two Other Solo Episodes You Might Like: My 10 Year Business Journey, and Being Honest & Vulnerable Online
As long as you’re making the money you need for your business to be sustainable then there’s absolutely no reason why you can’t just go with what feels good.
How to Subscribe & Review
Reviews and ratings are a really helpful way to get the podcast in front of more people, so I'd be very grateful if you could click here to subscribe, or to leave a review and/ or rating on iTunes. If you don't use Apple, then there are alternative download links below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to share on social media – thank you! Can you use the hashtag #creativelyhuman so that we can continue the conversation on social media, and so that I can find you? I'd love to see what resonated with you after each episode!
Ask Me Anything!
Where to Find the Podcast…
Thanks so much for listening!