Today’s guest is stylist, writer and nature lover Hannah Bullivant. We talk about Hannah’s journey to finding her calling in an unexpected industry, kindness as a core life and business value, building charity into our work in small ways, and being honest about the journey.
Today’s guest is stylist, writer and nature lover Hannah Bullivant. We talk about Hannah’s journey to finding her calling in an unexpected industry, and the path to believing that styling makes a difference to more than just the way things look, kindness as a core life and business value, building charity into our work in small ways, being honest about the journey, always learning and being willing to mess up. This episode is part of the free Everyday Difference community project.
“There are many, many different ways that you can show up in an industry… you can forge your own path and have your own values within that industry.” – Hannah Bullivant
Some of the things we talked about:
- How Hannah found her space as a stylist (after initially not feeling she fit into that world)
- Why styling matters is about more than looks – including the concept of home and the way it makes people feel
- Building charity into your paid work (even in a small way)
- The importance of bringing nature into her work
- Overcoming the worry of your work being too “frivolous” and figuring out your calling
- Kindness as a business and life value, and changing the way we talk to ourselves
- How Hannah applies this value to being an online influencer
- The importance of sometimes stepping back, passing the mic, and being open to getting things wrong
- Being honest about flexible working, childcare and self-employment
- Being grateful for achieving your “dream”, but also being honest about the unexpected struggles that come with it
Links from this episode:
- Hannah’s website and her Instagram Account
- Her eBook, A Soulful Gathering, and her course, the Life Book
- Charity mentioned: Canterbury Christmas Dinner for Care Leavers
- The free Everyday Difference community project
- Rabya Lomas’ Influence Inclusivity
- People Mentioned: Gemma David, Vicki Oliver, Rachel Cargle, Heart Zeena, Charlotte Jacklin, Rabya Lomas, Rida Suleri-Johnson
Other episodes you might like:
- Episode #35: Sara Tasker on Money, Influencer Responsibility and Chronic Illness
- Episode #2: Rabya Lomas on Prioritising Creativity & Playful Living
“What can I do today to be kind to myself?” – Hannah Bullivant
How to Subscribe & Review
Reviews and ratings are a really helpful way to get the podcast in front of more people, so I’d be very grateful if you could click here to subscribe, or to leave a review and/ or rating on iTunes. Every single review makes a difference and puts a huge smile on my face! If you don’t use Apple, then there are alternative download links below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to share on social media – thank you! Can you use the hashtag #creativelyhuman so that we can continue the conversation on social media, and so that I can find you? I’d love to see what resonated with you after each episode!
Ask Me Anything!
Where to Find the Podcast…
Thanks so much for listening!