Today’s guest is creative coach and lovely human Nicola Rae-Wickham. We talk about how we get to that point where we start believing in new possibilities, how showing up as yourself is a huge way to make a difference, the nuanced journey to becoming more of ourselves, and the power of affirmations in all of this.
Today’s guest is creative coach and lovely human Nicola Rae-Wickham. We talk about how we get to that point where we start believing in new possibilities, how showing up as yourself is a huge way to make a difference, the nuanced journey to becoming more of ourselves, and the power of affirmations in all of this (including some example affirmations from Nicola for anyone who wants to make an impact). I love, love, loved this chat, so I’m sure you will too! This episode is part of the free Everyday Difference community project.
“My activism is just showing up” – Nicola Rae-Wickham
Some of the things we talked about:
- Giving ourselves permission to dream and take action on our ideas
- The importance of representation and seeing people like you doing what you dream of doing
- How the way we share online has evolved and given people more permission to show up as their full selves
- The nuanced journey to becoming more of ourselves
- How affirmations can help give us the courage to do the work that matters to us (and a few examples of affirmations for creatives who want to make a difference)
- How Nicola’s business is going with a 12-week old baby (and what she did to prepare)
- Nicola’s advice for anyone who wants to make a difference.
Links from this episode:
- Nicola's website, A Life More Inspired
- Her Instagram Account
- Her podcast, Dream & Do
- The free Everyday Difference community project
- People Mentioned: Tamu Thomas, Candice Brathwiate, Nova Reid
Other episodes you might like:
- Episode #35: Sara Tasker on Money, Influencer Responsibility and Chronic Illness
- Episode #17: Tamu Thomas on Everyday Joy, Mindset Shifts & Listening to Women of All Ages
“I think that, when we’re doing the kind of work we’re doing, and you want to make a difference, it’s so easy to put loads of pressure on yourself that your one thing has to be the solution… but saying that you have a “contribution” to make can alleviate some of that pressure” – Nicola Rae-Wickham
How to Subscribe & Review
Reviews and ratings are a really helpful way to get the podcast in front of more people, so I'd be very grateful if you could click here to subscribe, or to leave a review and/ or rating on iTunes. Every single review makes a difference and puts a huge smile on my face! If you don't use Apple, then there are alternative download links below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to share on social media – thank you! Can you use the hashtag #creativelyhuman so that we can continue the conversation on social media, and so that I can find you? I'd love to see what resonated with you after each episode!
Ask Me Anything!
Where to Find the Podcast…
Thanks so much for listening!