Today’s guest is Instagram Queen Sara Tasker, and we talk about using your online platforms to make a difference: with how you show up as yourself, setting an example for others (and talking about money), and being responsible with the brands you work with.
Today’s guest is Instagram Queen Sara Tasker, and we talk about using your online platforms to make a difference: with how you show up as yourself, setting an example for others (and talking about money), and being responsible with the brands you work with. This episode is part of the free Everyday Difference community project.
“Rather than outsourcing whether or not what we’re saying has any value to everyone on the internet – which is just too huge a pool, and you’re never going to be able to please everybody – instead considering ok what does this core handful of people, who’s values align with mine, who love me, who understand me, what will they think about what I’m doing?” – Sara Tasker
Some of the things we talked about:
- Owning her status as a bestselling author
- Why Sara talks openly about money, modelling success for other women, and how making money can help us make a difference
- The power of connection and vulnerability on social media, and finding the balance between being honest and curating your own story
- Building a business around yourself and a chronic health condition
- How can influencers use their platform for good
- Figuring out who you are, what matters to you, and how to listen to your gut instinct when you want to make a difference
Links from this episode:
- Sara’s website, Me & Orla
- Her Instagram Account
- Her podcast and her book, Hashtag Authentic
- The free Everyday Difference community project
- Book mentioned: Jen Sincero, You Are A Badass
- People Mentioned: Jen Carrington, Sas Petherick, Rabya Lomas, Laura Thomas PhD
Other episodes you might like:
- Episode #31: Maria Evans on Cultivating A Healthy Relationship with Social Media (for Adults & Children)
- Episode #27: How to Uncover Your Core Business Values (& Why They Matter)
“You still are rejected a bit by society if you’re not well and you’re not going to become well. People don’t like that.” – Sara Tasker
How to Subscribe & Review
Reviews and ratings are a really helpful way to get the podcast in front of more people, so I’d be very grateful if you could click here to subscribe, or to leave a review and/ or rating on iTunes. Every single review makes a difference and puts a huge smile on my face! If you don’t use Apple, then there are alternative download links below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to share on social media – thank you! Can you use the hashtag #creativelyhuman so that we can continue the conversation on social media, and so that I can find you? I’d love to see what resonated with you after each episode!
Ask Me Anything!
I’m also planning to make Q&A episodes a semi-regular part of the show, so if you have any questions feel free to send them over to me on Instagram or click here to send me an email.
Where to Find the Podcast…
- Apple Podcasts
- And other players!
Thanks so much for listening!