Today’s guest is Gigi Rodgers and we talk about getting your content out there, repurposing to reach more people, pushing your comfort zone, showing up on Instagram stories, and building resilience after failing as a business owner.
Today’s guest is Gigi Rodgers, whose photos of body painting on herself went viral, got published in various media outlets and grew her online following. She’s a social media and brand strategist and infuses her personality into everything she does – encouraging us all to “embrace the weird” and everything that is different about us. We talked about getting your content out there, repurposing to reach more people, pushing your comfort zone, showing up on Instagram stories, and building resilience after failing as a business owner.
“Go ahead and embrace the weird. Embrace everything that is cool, and you, and different… it doesn’t matter what you’re into” – Gigi Rodgers
Some of the things we talked about:
- How Gigi started body painting herself as a creative outlet
- How she got featured in Metro, Mashable & more and grew her online following that way
- Using Reddit as a marketing strategy, and being prepared for going viral
- Repurposing content to make the most of all the effort you put in, batching & scheduling in advance
- Being yourself online and embracing “the weird”
- Pushing your comfort zone and putting yourself out there in small ways to build confidence
- Tips for showing up daily on Instagram stories and getting over the cringe-factor
- How setbacks plus self-awareness and honestly have helped Gigi’s mindset in life & business
Links from this episode:
Other episodes you might like:
- Episode #18: Elizabeth Goddard on Breaking the Rules, Fast Launching & Helping for Free
- Episode #21: Vix Meldrew on Blogging with Personality, Honest Money Chat & Quitting Her Day Job
“I think I’m just at the age where middle fingers are in the air – go ahead and put it out there and whatever happens, happens” – Gigi Rodgers
How to Subscribe & Review
Reviews and ratings are a really helpful way to get the podcast in front of more people, so I'd be very grateful if you could click here to subscribe, or to leave a review and/ or rating on iTunes. Every single review makes a difference and puts a huge smile on my face! If you don't use Apple, then there are alternative download links below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to share on social media – thank you! Can you use the hashtag #creativelyhuman so that we can continue the conversation on social media, and so that I can find you? I'd love to see what resonated with you after each episode!
Ask Me Anything!
Where to Find the Podcast…
Thanks so much for listening!