In this solo episode I talk about my experience of figuring out what it meant to be an introvert, and how I have shaped my business around my personality (which will apply to the extroverts, too!)
In this solo episode I talk about my experience of figuring out what it meant to be an introvert, and how I have shaped my business around my personality (which will apply to the extroverts, too!) Sign up to my newsletter for my free ebook on the subject, ‘Quiet Visibility'. This is a topic I never get tired of talking about, so please do get in touch on Instagram or my Facebook Group.
“I have to remind myself that the most amazing tool I have at my disposal as an introvert in my business is my email list. It is the introvert’s dream.”
Some of the things I talk about:
- How I started my business before I understood my introverted personality, and was happened when I owned that fact
- How and why it took me so long to identify as a “business owner”, and tying self-worth to income
- How being open about my personality makes it easier to find my right people
- Boundaries, saying no, showing up consistently, & dealing with feeling drained
- How being honest and open as a shy introvert makes it WAY easier to interact with other people
- How personality tests have helped me (I’m an INFJ!), and identifying as a “highly sensitive person”
- The benefits of being an introvert, the joys of working from home & tasks I most enjoy
- Some of the practices that help me (planning, email marketing, knowing my cycle, being of service)
- Learning what it takes for me to be fulfilled (and it’s more than money)
- Changing the way we think about selling & doing it in an ethical way
- Having stories about ourselves, and not knowing what we’re capable of
Links from this episode:
- My Free eBook: Visibility for Introverted, Nervous, Shy or Awkward Humans
- Susan Cain's TED Talk (the Power of Introverts) and Book (Quiet)
- The Highly Sensitive Person Website
- Free Personality Test (and see Anna Considine's story highlights about her Myers Briggs poll results)
- Podcast episodes I mentioned: How to Keep Showing Up, and On Starting Something New & Scary
- My Intentional Content Planning Ebook, Spark
- My Instagram Account
- My Facebook Group
- Blog Post: I've Always Been an Introvert, But I Didn't Always Know It
- Blog Post: Email List Building Basics: How to Start from Scratch (In a Way That Feels Good)
Other episodes you might like:
- Episode #22: On Starting Something New & Scary: My Creatively Human Podcasting Journey
- Episode #24: Laurie Collins on Building a Business on Instagram, Outsourcing and Ethical Clothing
“Because I’m showing up as my fully introverted self and I’ve built an audience around that, it’s actually way more comfortable and I don’t feel as shy as I once did.”
How to Subscribe & Review
Reviews and ratings are a really helpful way to get the podcast in front of more people, so I'd be very grateful if you could click here to subscribe, or to leave a review and/ or rating on iTunes. If you don't use Apple, then there are alternative download links below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to share on social media – thank you! Can you use the hashtag #creativelyhuman so that we can continue the conversation on social media, and so that I can find you? I'd love to see what resonated with you after each episode!
Ask Me Anything!
Where to Find the Podcast…
Thanks so much for listening!