Running a business is never easy, even if you love what you do. And one thing I’ve realised over my 11-year online business journey is that support from somebody who “gets it” can make all the difference to the fear, the overwhelm and what you believe is really possible.
As your business mentor, I am somebody you can turn to for whatever you need in your business. That means not just the practical stuff (like sorting out your email newsletter or figuring out how to break down your big goal), but also the emotional stuff (like that vulnerability hangover you had from your latest post, or the overwhelm of making all the decisions yourself).
I am wildly passionate about supporting you in your creative business, to get your message or your product out into the world in a way that fits around your life, your values, and your personality (whether you’re an introvert, like me, or an extrovert, or anything in between).
“Taking advice from someone you don’t know can be a tricky path to navigate – will they understand my perspective? What do they really know about my business? Will they be able to tap into my thought-process? Ruth’s experience and balanced approach to her own businesses means she can cut through to what really matters and put me at ease immediately. She researched my business before our call and gave honest feedback to my questions and concerns. She has a skill for truly listening, processing and giving sensible, solid advice.”
Jo McCarthy of Firain
Mentoring is for you if…
- You want ongoing practical and emotional support to make big things happen in your business, without getting stuck and overwhelmed
- You’re tired of doing it all on your own and would love my ideas, advice, feedback, support or practical advice
- You need a little help believing in and taking action on your big dreams
- You want (and need) to run a business in a way that truly works for you, and feel overwhelmed by all the noise, rules and ‘blueprints’.
- You’re ready to say ‘yes’ to your business and invest in making it happen
It’s not for you if…
- You want a step by step blueprint or magic formula (I will point you in the right direction, I will help you develop a strategy, I will teach you what I know, but there is no set formula).
- You are not willing to do the practical work yourself (although I will encourage you every step of the way!)
- You’re not willing to also do the inner work that goes along with building a successful business
- You always want to be told what to do (although I share practical recommendations where necessary, my mentoring style is a collaborative effort, because I believe everybody’s business is completely unique)
“It was great to have Ruth actually go through my website and give me practical advice improvements and her thoughts. I found her tips on improving sales very useful and would like to think I’ll be working with her again in the near future.”
Safiyyah Choycha of Safiyyah Studio
“My call with Ruth was really helpful as she gave me lots of advice and tips to help me move forwards on some areas I was feeling a bit stuck on. I love how approachable and encouraging Ruth is, and I love her approach to building a business on your own terms. I finished our call feeling uplifted and like I had some practical steps to start putting into action. Thanks Ruth!”
Eloise Rickman of Frida Be Mighty